What is your purpose in life? What is your unique contribution
to the world, one that is genuinely yours? What gets you out of
bed and fired up on those days when life doesn't seem so
wonderful? And what do these questions have to do with
attracting and building your ideal relationship?
When you get clear on your life mission, you also get clear
about how to live to accomplish your mission, making
relationship decisions and choices effortless. In this way you
can take much of the guesswork out of what you need to do to
have true love in your life.
No more writing long lists of partner qualities you're not sure
you deserve. Once you are in touch with your life mission, you
will have a clear picture of the kind of partner who will help,
not hinder, your efforts. No more wondering if you should tell
someone they need to treat you better. You will demand the best
possible treatment. You will have no time or energy for anything
To define what a life mission is, let's first take a look at
what a life mission is not:
* It is not what your parents told you your life is for
* It is not what society tells your life is for
* It is not your career, although it can be expressed through
* It is not accumulating wealth
* It is not some grand plan that is imposed on you
* It is not what you think it should be
A life mission is:
* That something you do that makes you feel completely alive
while contributing to others
* Activities you do naturally, that you have a natural knack for
* A part of you that has always been there as long as you
* A flame that burns deep inside you
* Your intrinsic contribution to humanity
Common questions about a life mission:
Q: What is my life mission?
A: Review the exercise below to help you discover your life
Q: How do I know I have a life mission?
A: A life mission is expressed in your passion. If you have
passion, you have a life mission. Every human being has passion,
whether he or she is aware of it or not.
Q: Do I need a life mission?
A: No one needs a life mission, yet we all have one. When you
are in touch with yours, life takes on a new power, new meaning,
new ease and much more aliveness and passion.
Will you pass up the opportunity to have more aliveness and
passion? I doubt you will, so let's get to work and discover
your life mission.
Your Life Mission: A Discovery Exercise
Please answer the following questions. You will get the best
result by writing down your answers.
* What are the things you most love doing?
* How do you most like to impact others?
* Why do people like being around you?
* What actions toward others come most naturally to you (are
you a good listener, problem solver, etc.)?
* How have you positively impacted the people in your life?
* What qualities about you create this kind of impact?
* What activity makes you feel as if time disappears and you
are in bliss?
* What is the legacy you want to leave behind you?
* How do you want the world to be impacted because of your
* How do the answers from Section A fit into the picture from
* What is it that you do naturally to create your Section B
impact on the world?
Your answers to the above questions describe your life
mission, the spark within you. Now take the time to synthesize
your answers into one powerful sentence. Write it so that it
inspires you and clearly speaks to you.
Here are some ways to start:
My life is for...
I am up to...
What I do is...
Make your life mission statement even more powerful and
concise. Make it an "I" statement. For example, my life mission
is: I make a difference in people's lives.
Does your statement speak to you? Does it inspire you, make you
want to celebrate, give you energy? Does it make you want to
jump into action? If so, you have found your life mission.
Congratulations! If not, do this exercise a few times. Go deeply
within yourself. Your mission will certainly emerge.
Now that you have your life mission, would you love to know how
to use it to attract your ideal relationship and create a great
life? Read next week's newsletter for some very inspiring ideas.
Your Relationship Coach,
(c) Rinatta Paries, 1998-2002. Do you know how to attract your
ideal mate? Do you know how to build a fulfilling relationship,
or how to reinvent yours to meet your needs? Relationship Coach
Rinatta Paries can teach you the skills and techniques to
attract and sustain long-term, healthy partnerships. Visit
www.WhatItTakes.com where you'll find quizzes, classes, advice
and a free weekly ezine. Become a "true love magnet(tm)!"
|Popular Dating Sites